Frequently Asked Questions
Mōsō Bamboo that are organic, hypo-allergenic & eco-friendly from Hokkaido. Our towels are designed to look, feel, perform and last better and longer.
Compared to cotton towels, Kinza Towel uses Mōsō bamboo that has several advantages:
1. Bamboo towels has the softness of cashmere and silk-like shine.
2. Bamboo fabrics are much fluffier than cotton fabrics, and around twice as soft as cotton.
3. Bamboo fibers absorb more moisture (40% more than organic cotton) and dry quicker.
4. Bamboo has an antimicrobial property known as "Bamboo Kun" that reduces bacteria and prevents the towels from smelling.
6. Bamboo towels are considered naturally more breathable than cotton towels.
We ensure all our towels are suitable for even the most sensitive skin and are Oeko-tex® certified. It is an international certification to confirm the human-ecological safety of textile products and leather articles from all stages of production (Yes, even Wikipedia says so!).
Yes, bamboo fibers are naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial, and as bamboo does not need chemical treatment it is very unlikely that bamboo causes an allergic reaction, even in sensitive individuals.
Bamboo "Kun" is the name for the natural antimicrobial bio-agent found in bamboo. It is what gives bamboo towels its antibacterial qualities. This same quality is what makes the bamboo plant resistant to pests that would otherwise harm the plant in its natural environment.
Our towels are carefully crafted using Mōsō bamboos from the lands of Hokkaido.
We work with the finest factories to bring to you the highest quality bamboo towels using Japanese craftsmanship principles while remaining affordable.
Our towels are designed to last with the right care.
To get the most out of your towels:
- Wash in cool water on a gentle cycle.
- Bleach & fabric softeners are not needed or recommended during the wash to prevent pilling.
- Use a mild (preferably biodegradable) detergent to avoid damaging or wearing away the fabric.
- Dry naturally indoor without sunlight in order to preserve the fibers and color. Only use a dryer if necessary, and be sure to choose the low heat and low tumble option.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible!